Its a rainy, mucky, all-around gross day here in Kentucky. That means skipping class and staying in all day. I know I am a horrible student! But it’s just one of those days when you want to cozy up with a good book or a movie! Reflecting on that thought, I decided to do a mini round-up of some rainy day essentials!
- A good book– I am a reading fanatic and lately I have been tearing through some books. My most recent book I have finished is:
- A Painted House by John Grisham– this book is from the perspective of a 7 year old boy in rural Arkansas. Trust me I was thinking the same thing you are…”what do I have in common with a small farm boy?” But to my surprise the book was captivating! So many interesting things happen I couldn’t put the book down. Now I have become a avid John Grisham fan and plan on reading more of his books!
- A good movie– If reading isn’t for you or maybe if you don’t feel like putting in the mental effort then putting on a good movie while the rain pitter-patters on the roof is the perfect rainy day pastime.
- A cozy sweatshirt– I love throwing on an oversized sweatshirt when it is gray and wet outside! My favorite is my fleece Patagonia!
- Rain boots– If I have to go out and brave the unending wetness then I need my rain boots. Currently I have my sights set on a beautiful pair of Hunter’s. It’s so rainy here that I believe it is time for an investment and I have heard nothing but fabulous things about them!
- Coffee or hot tea– I am a tea kind of gal. Maybe coffee will grow on me but for now I stick strictly to tea. I recently acquired a tea tumbler that has a built in tea cage for loose tea leaves. I love it! Find it here.
What’s your favorite rainy day essential?