So I know I am a little late in making the “New Year” post but I have sat down many times since that first of the month to write this post and it just didn’t seem right until now. 2016 for me will be a year of upheaval in my life. But the craziness that implies is not unwelcome. I will be graduating undergrad and starting my journey into Medical school. I will be leaving the comfort of my roommates (of three years) to be dropped in the world of independent living. I will be moving away from those I love and those I love will be moving away from me. It’s scary and exciting and nerve-wracking all at once, but I am ready for the journey. So I have thought of 16 things I would like to do in this year of 2016. Some goals are small and personal while others are ambitious and inclusive, but all are sure to make 2016 the best year yet.
- Travel out of the country
- Take a spontaneous road trip
- Set up a personal domain for my blog
- Develop a more regular workout routine
- Cook at least one new dinner a week (doesn’t sound like much but hey, I’m still a busy college student)
- Save a portion of every paycheck
- Reach 1,000 followers on Instagram
- Explore somewhere new here in Kentucky
- Get into Med School and rock my first semester
- Make my first investment
- Become more independent (love my parents but I need to stand on my own!)
- Go to a dinner show with friends
- Attend church more often
- Take my parents out to dinner (on my bill)
- Go golfing (and maybe learn how to first)
- Go to the NCAA national championships and see the Cats win it all!
What are your goals/dreams for 2016? I would love to hear them!