Here’s the down and dirty. I like detox water. I don’t make detox water often. I should do it more. Okay, in light of this I determined it was time to drum up a pitcher (in addition to wanting to look my best for V-day). I decided to head to Lucky’s (my new obsession, holla if you have one) and see what was on sale. That’s the beautiful thing about detox water: you can pretty much use any fruit. I did get a little assistance and inspiration from this post about 11 delicious detox waters. So here’s what I came up with!
1 cup of watermelon
1 sliced kiwi
1/4 cup of basil
1 pitcher of ice water
And that’s it! I let mine set in the fridge overnight so that all the nutrients and flavor could really seep into the water. Here’s the nutritional benefits as outlined by the before mentioned post:
- Flushes toxins
- Fights inflammation
- Improves blood flow
- Boosts immune system
- Flushes toxins
- Fights inflammation
- Contains antioxidants
- Antibacterial properties
- Fights depression
- Fights cancer
After one day of drinking it, I already feel more energetic and happy. Even if none of the health benefits are true, at least the delicious fruit infusion will help me drink more water.
Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset
Quick, little, baby post about my new favorite beauty brand that I’m sure many of you have at least heard of–LUSH. I actually have just recently been exposed to the wonderment that is LUSH and I have to say, I am thoroughly enamored. With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought whether you are spending it with a significant other, with some of your best gals (Galentine’s day for the win), or maybe alone with your cat, it’s the perfect season to treat yo self (I may be a Parks and Rec addict) and have spa day at home!
- Dreamwash– This sounds like a necessity if you want to relax and revitalize. It has the soothing ingredients of aloe vera and lavender. Plus it’s called a shower smoothie. How delicious does that sound?
- Ocean Salt Scrub– I am IN LOVE with this product. I received a sample last time I went to the store and I am definitely going to purchase it when I run out. I have dry, rough skin and this transforms it into silky smooth. I have never felt so clean and fresh then after using this product.
- Brazened Honey Face Mask– What would a spa day be without a face mask? I have blotchy, red skin and this mask boasts that it brings balance and brightness back to the face. And then with ingredients like honey and almonds, it sounds too yummy not to try.
- Sakura Bath Bomb– This is what LUSH is known for! Colorful, fun, and oh-so-luxorious scented bath bomb. This particular beauty is inspired by springtime and elegance, the perfect combination for beauty-filled Valentine’s Day.
- The Kiss Lip Scrub– Can’t forget the most important thing to revitalize–the lips! The Kiss is a limited edition Valentine’s Day lip scrub, so just in time to make you lips as kissable as ever!
Anybody have a favorite LUSH product? Share below!!
*The above are my own views and opinions. I am not associated with LUSH brand.
I am the LAZIEST person when it comes to make-up. I think I may have mentioned that in previous posts but if you’re just now joining me let me tell ya. Seriously that extra 2 min and 47 sec I get in the morning is totally worth it. If I could marry sleep I would, but I digress. So a few weeks ago I was like “maybe I shouldn’t look ratchet everyday of my senior year since I actually have to join the real world in my near future.” With this in mind, I wanted to try a BB cream (basically a tinted moisturizer) but I didn’t have any clue what I should be looking for. To be honest I couldn’t and still can’t tell you what BB stands for (Be Beautiful? Barely Blemished?). Anyways I was recommended to try Physicians Formula Super BB Cream. This stuff works wonders for me! I usually am a big proponent of higher end make-up, especially when it comes to my face, but this cream is definitely the exception! My skin is on the dryer side and has a red undertone that makes me look blotchy. I put this on and it evens my skin tone almost better than my foundation! It never looks dry or flakey nor does it look oily. I have it in light and while it looked a bit lighter on me when I tanned in the summer, which was fixed with a little bit of bronzer, it is perfect for my skin tone in the fall and winter. The only drawback is that it has a kinda weird smell but I can’t tell when it’s on me so I got over it. So I may have found my new soulmate (sorry sleep). I slap this on in the morning and I am ready to go all day. Lazy college girl: 1 Real world: 0
If you want to read about my full beauty routine when I actually get out of bed and do it, read it here!
And for another awesome drug store find, check out my shampoo post!
I thought on this sad day (because who isn’t sad that ‘merica day is over?) that I would go through my beauty routine. I am not a big make-up wearer, which stems from the fact that I went to an all girls high school, but when I do wear make-up I wear the best products possible. No I am not talking about the most expensive, just the best. I have extremely dry skin. Seriously I would look like a ghost without lotion all over me, so many of the products I use are uber hydrating. I realize that not everyone needs the moisture that I need and if you are one of those people I sincerely apologize and will not take offense if you promptly stop reading. Anyhoo, if you are still with me here are my product must-haves (in usage order):
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Seriously I use this everyday!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
- Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge I put this particular sponge on here because it lasted me the longest!
- Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic
- Smashbox Studio Skin Liquid Foundation
- Nars Blush in Deep Throat
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 And 3…
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner There’s no need to spend a lot on eye liner! This is by far my favorite! I am partial to liquid liner. I know other people prefer differently. This one is just so precise and easy to apply!
- Marc Jacobs Honey
- Whatever mascara I decide to try that day. Yeah, I really don’t have a favorite.
I will try to upload a picture soon. I haven’t quite yet mastered the selfie art and I don’t want to scare anyone with my expressions.
Check out these products on my list at Influenster! |Click the green box in the right hand corner|
Hello all my lovely readers! I am so sorry it has been so long in me posting but I have the MCAT coming up so I am studying hard! I thought I would do a list of summer essentials with a twist: they must be eco-friendly! When I set off on this journey (because trust me it’s harder than you think) I never realized how many of my favorite things were NOT eco-friendly. It has inspired me to try to buy more products that are and I can’t wait to try them out! But below are the products that I currently have or desperately want for a successful summer!
1. Burlap beach bag from Thank Heaven Boutique. This bag is made from jute material which 100% biodegradable and is grown organically without pesticides! I have researched for a perfect eco-friendly bag and nothing seemed to fit my style until this one. How could I resist something so preppy and southern?
2. My Rainbow flip-flops. I could go on and on about how much I love these things. I wear them on the daily. No joke. Just check out my Instagram! They have arch support so you are comfortable in them all day long, unlike cheap flip-flops that are flat to the ground. The layers of the shoe are held together with special formulated environmentally friendly glue. Also the whole mission of the company is to prevent shoes from being discarded on beaches or landfills. It has a recycle program that asks you to please donate your worn out Rainbows so they can repair them and give them to people in need.
3. I realized I need a good water bottle being a summer camp counselor. Camelbaks are already known and loved and so they seemed like the obvious answer! In addition the Camelbak Better Bottles are made from BPA- free plastic! I have heard such great things about this bottle I can’t wait to pick one up!
4. BB Cream is a summer must-have! Its so easy to slap on before running to the pool or beach and gives you a little bit of color in the harsh sunlight. I just started using Physician’s Formula BB Cream with SPF 30 and I am in love. It hides all my blemishes and red spots while also smoothing and protecting my skin! It is found on EWG’s list of best moisturizers with SPF!
5. I am a bracelet fanatic as I have probably mentioned before. I have four Alex & Ani bracelets and I am ready to collect some more! I have this perfect summer accessory all ready and have paired it for a nautical themed outfit in this post. The awesome thing about these are they are made with sustainable materials like recycled copper and are made solely in the USA. No worries about sweatshops or unfair labor practices!
6. Finally what’s summer without a bathing suit? I love the retro meets modern feeling of this suit. Right up my alley. Plus the fun, bright print would look great on the beach or poolside! It is made by Naja, a company dedicated to eco-friendly products like bras, panties, and the Taylor Monokini swimsuit shown above.. This suit is made of 84% recycled PET, which is the material of which many plastic bottles are made. I never even thought that recycled plastic could be made into a suit!
I found out that none of the sunscreens I use are eco-friendly! I didn’t want to put one that was on my list because I have not used one and can not speak on the effectivity or other features. So if anyone has a favorite eco-friendly sunscreen and you want to share, I would love to try it out! Also anyone have a favorite eco-friendly summer essential?
So this weekend I was super excited to receive my first samples from a company! So amazed that my little blog was noticed by a company such as Renpure! Also extremely grateful for the generosity! I mean look at this stuff! I’m pretty sure I will never have to buy conditioner again! Well who am I kidding? It might last me a month. Anywho I don’t even know where to start. I want to try it all at the same time and let you all know my favorite! But I have to slow down…can’t get ahead of myself. A girl can only wash her hair so much. I have therefore enlisted my roommates to help and they will be sharing their opinions with me as well! So watch out reviews are coming and they’re going to be goooooood. 🙂
PS: One bottle is missing because I had to share Argan Oil Conditioner with mama for Mother’s Day!
I am a princess when it comes to my hair. Its curly so it needs a lot, I mean A LOT, of TLC. If you are one of the chosen few who also possess this nightmare of a scalp then you know what I am talking about. It’s frizzy, voluminous and when you blow dry it, it looks like you stepped right out of Sixteen Candles. Therefore, because I unfortunately was not born in the era of big hair and cop tops (although it seems there is a reemergence of the crop tops) I have spent hundreds on products to tame my hair. Well, technically my mother has, but that’s beside the point. You can imagine my complete panic when I was stuck at school with an empty bottle of salon conditioner and no way to buy any more. (Yes, this is a first world problem.) I ran to the nearest Walgreen’s hoping to pick something up that would at least hold me over until I could make an appointment with my hair dresser. And then there it was, calling to me like the Holy Grail of drugstore conditioners, Renpure Originals Argan Oil Conditioner. It has everything princess hair needs: organ oil, sulfate-free, no sodium chloride. It’s completely gluten free and salt and dye free also! After using it, my hair was smooth and tangle free! It even helped straighten my hair more when blowdrying it, so straightening it after was quick and painless. I love that I didn’t have to go over my hair a bunch of times with the straightener to get my hair straight and frizz free! Now I actually choose this brand over my salon conditioner. I have used many different products and I have never been happier than what I am with this! I would recommend it definitely for anybody who has curly and frizzy hair and is looking for something cheaper than the $25+ salon products. This morning I just picked up Renpure’s other line, Brazilian Keratin Conditioner, to see how that one works. I will be sure to write a review!
Location: local drug or grocery store, buy it here
Website: click here