If you were confused by my title, collegers is a word a made up to define those young folk who attend college (like me!). I feel that it encompasses the demographic I am referring to quite nicely. That being said we are a unique and distinct group that goes about life differently than the rest of the population. While everyone else is scurrying around doing this or that for the upcoming holidays, collegers are preparing for the season in a completely seperate manner…
- We have rediscovered the couch at home that actually fits our whole body length… and we haven’t moved…probably for days.
- We are binge watching as much Netflix as humanly possible before break ends and we must enter back into reality where we actually have to do things
- We are raiding our pantries at home, overwhelmed by the amount of snacks that are different from pretzels and chewy bars (maybe that’s just me?)
- We are reconnecting with friends from high school by sitting in Starbucks and gossiping about our former classmates for hours
- We then realize that we don’t really care about those people and we FaceTime our friends from college and gossip about our current classmates
- We are with mom and while she is attempting to finish up her Christmas shopping, we are trying to convince her to buy us something because we are #poor
- We are talking to our dogs (and cats?) because we don’t know how to function without our roommates and our parents/siblings are at work
- We then talk to ourselves because talking to the dog is crazy and I mean we are totally sane… right?
- We are refusing to get out of sweatpants, leggings and t-shirts because we don’t know how to wear anything else
- We are mentally preparing ourselves to answer the inevitable question of “So what are you doing with your life?” and failing
Of course we are also looking forward to seeing our family and spending Christmas with our loved ones that we have missed so much. How are you preparing for the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!