Quick, little, baby post about my new favorite beauty brand that I’m sure many of you have at least heard of–LUSH. I actually have just recently been exposed to the wonderment that is LUSH and I have to say, I am thoroughly enamored. With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought whether you are spending it with a significant other, with some of your best gals (Galentine’s day for the win), or maybe alone with your cat, it’s the perfect season to treat yo self (I may be a Parks and Rec addict) and have spa day at home!
- Dreamwash– This sounds like a necessity if you want to relax and revitalize. It has the soothing ingredients of aloe vera and lavender. Plus it’s called a shower smoothie. How delicious does that sound?
- Ocean Salt Scrub– I am IN LOVE with this product. I received a sample last time I went to the store and I am definitely going to purchase it when I run out. I have dry, rough skin and this transforms it into silky smooth. I have never felt so clean and fresh then after using this product.
- Brazened Honey Face Mask– What would a spa day be without a face mask? I have blotchy, red skin and this mask boasts that it brings balance and brightness back to the face. And then with ingredients like honey and almonds, it sounds too yummy not to try.
- Sakura Bath Bomb– This is what LUSH is known for! Colorful, fun, and oh-so-luxorious scented bath bomb. This particular beauty is inspired by springtime and elegance, the perfect combination for beauty-filled Valentine’s Day.
- The Kiss Lip Scrub– Can’t forget the most important thing to revitalize–the lips! The Kiss is a limited edition Valentine’s Day lip scrub, so just in time to make you lips as kissable as ever!
Anybody have a favorite LUSH product? Share below!!
*The above are my own views and opinions. I am not associated with LUSH brand.
I am the LAZIEST person when it comes to make-up. I think I may have mentioned that in previous posts but if you’re just now joining me let me tell ya. Seriously that extra 2 min and 47 sec I get in the morning is totally worth it. If I could marry sleep I would, but I digress. So a few weeks ago I was like “maybe I shouldn’t look ratchet everyday of my senior year since I actually have to join the real world in my near future.” With this in mind, I wanted to try a BB cream (basically a tinted moisturizer) but I didn’t have any clue what I should be looking for. To be honest I couldn’t and still can’t tell you what BB stands for (Be Beautiful? Barely Blemished?). Anyways I was recommended to try Physicians Formula Super BB Cream. This stuff works wonders for me! I usually am a big proponent of higher end make-up, especially when it comes to my face, but this cream is definitely the exception! My skin is on the dryer side and has a red undertone that makes me look blotchy. I put this on and it evens my skin tone almost better than my foundation! It never looks dry or flakey nor does it look oily. I have it in light and while it looked a bit lighter on me when I tanned in the summer, which was fixed with a little bit of bronzer, it is perfect for my skin tone in the fall and winter. The only drawback is that it has a kinda weird smell but I can’t tell when it’s on me so I got over it. So I may have found my new soulmate (sorry sleep). I slap this on in the morning and I am ready to go all day. Lazy college girl: 1 Real world: 0
If you want to read about my full beauty routine when I actually get out of bed and do it, read it here!
And for another awesome drug store find, check out my shampoo post!
I thought on this sad day (because who isn’t sad that ‘merica day is over?) that I would go through my beauty routine. I am not a big make-up wearer, which stems from the fact that I went to an all girls high school, but when I do wear make-up I wear the best products possible. No I am not talking about the most expensive, just the best. I have extremely dry skin. Seriously I would look like a ghost without lotion all over me, so many of the products I use are uber hydrating. I realize that not everyone needs the moisture that I need and if you are one of those people I sincerely apologize and will not take offense if you promptly stop reading. Anyhoo, if you are still with me here are my product must-haves (in usage order):
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Seriously I use this everyday!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
- Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge I put this particular sponge on here because it lasted me the longest!
- Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic
- Smashbox Studio Skin Liquid Foundation
- Nars Blush in Deep Throat
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 And 3…
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner There’s no need to spend a lot on eye liner! This is by far my favorite! I am partial to liquid liner. I know other people prefer differently. This one is just so precise and easy to apply!
- Marc Jacobs Honey
- Whatever mascara I decide to try that day. Yeah, I really don’t have a favorite.
I will try to upload a picture soon. I haven’t quite yet mastered the selfie art and I don’t want to scare anyone with my expressions.
Check out these products on my list at Influenster! |Click the green box in the right hand corner|