Here’s the down and dirty. I like detox water. I don’t make detox water often. I should do it more. Okay, in light of this I determined it was time to drum up a pitcher (in addition to wanting to look my best for V-day). I decided to head to Lucky’s (my new obsession, holla if you have one) and see what was on sale. That’s the beautiful thing about detox water: you can pretty much use any fruit. I did get a little assistance and inspiration from this post about 11 delicious detox waters. So here’s what I came up with!
1 cup of watermelon
1 sliced kiwi
1/4 cup of basil
1 pitcher of ice water
And that’s it! I let mine set in the fridge overnight so that all the nutrients and flavor could really seep into the water. Here’s the nutritional benefits as outlined by the before mentioned post:
- Flushes toxins
- Fights inflammation
- Improves blood flow
- Boosts immune system
- Flushes toxins
- Fights inflammation
- Contains antioxidants
- Antibacterial properties
- Fights depression
- Fights cancer
After one day of drinking it, I already feel more energetic and happy. Even if none of the health benefits are true, at least the delicious fruit infusion will help me drink more water.
Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset
Quick, little, baby post about my new favorite beauty brand that I’m sure many of you have at least heard of–LUSH. I actually have just recently been exposed to the wonderment that is LUSH and I have to say, I am thoroughly enamored. With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought whether you are spending it with a significant other, with some of your best gals (Galentine’s day for the win), or maybe alone with your cat, it’s the perfect season to treat yo self (I may be a Parks and Rec addict) and have spa day at home!
- Dreamwash– This sounds like a necessity if you want to relax and revitalize. It has the soothing ingredients of aloe vera and lavender. Plus it’s called a shower smoothie. How delicious does that sound?
- Ocean Salt Scrub– I am IN LOVE with this product. I received a sample last time I went to the store and I am definitely going to purchase it when I run out. I have dry, rough skin and this transforms it into silky smooth. I have never felt so clean and fresh then after using this product.
- Brazened Honey Face Mask– What would a spa day be without a face mask? I have blotchy, red skin and this mask boasts that it brings balance and brightness back to the face. And then with ingredients like honey and almonds, it sounds too yummy not to try.
- Sakura Bath Bomb– This is what LUSH is known for! Colorful, fun, and oh-so-luxorious scented bath bomb. This particular beauty is inspired by springtime and elegance, the perfect combination for beauty-filled Valentine’s Day.
- The Kiss Lip Scrub– Can’t forget the most important thing to revitalize–the lips! The Kiss is a limited edition Valentine’s Day lip scrub, so just in time to make you lips as kissable as ever!
Anybody have a favorite LUSH product? Share below!!
*The above are my own views and opinions. I am not associated with LUSH brand.
Everyone seems to be doing posts about their favorite fall booties or boots, but I want to talk about flats! I wear a lot of flats because they are much more comfortable for an on-the-go college student! As much as I would love to strut around campus in my little heeled booties, I think I would: One- get a lot of strange looks from my legging clad, big-shirted sorority peers and Two- have to soak my feet in a tub of ice water (which I really don’t want to do). Animal print is the perfect statement for fall and flats are great for those not-yet-chilly days. (Trust me I have been begging Mother Nature to bring me some cooler weather…to no avail) Anyhoo, here are some of my favorite pairs all under $100!
1. Snakeskin loafers– these looked so comfortable to me!
2. Multi-print pointed flats– these might not be totally animal print but I love the colors and uniqueness of this pair!
3. Cheetah print loafers-these are the most similar to my favorite pair of giraffe-printed flats!
4. Pointed snakeskin flats– these would match anything!
*See how I styled my fall flats in this previous post!