SO EXCITED to be collaborating with eShakti this week. eShakti is this unique little online shop that specializes in customization. They have stylish and trendy clothes that can be tailored exactly to your measurements! Perfect for women like me that might not fit perfectly into standard sizes. Customization further includes sleeve length, neck line, hem length and more. You can make all their apparel fit your style and flatter what suits you best! Seriously, I’m obsessed. Why can’t more stores be like this?
So let’s talk about this amazing dress. Kelly green plaid caught my eye as soon as I saw it and I just had to have it! I know plaid is normally an autumn/winter kind of thing but this bright green transcends right into spring! Plus it has pockets! I am a total sucker for pockets! I just can’t wait to rock it at the horse race track! I lengthened the sleeve so it would be more comfortable for cool spring weather and chose to have the hem hit right above my knee. I felt that this dress gave off a retro vibe, almost like something I would find on Modcloth, so I paired the dress with suede shoes, cat eye sunglasses ($10 steal from TJ Maxx!) and a bold red lip.
I love that for a shop that customizes (at no extra cost!) the clothes are so affordable! Most are under $100! I lined out some of my current favorites that are definitely on my wishlist and surely will be on yours too! Use code : citybelles for an extra 10% off your order (which can be included with any other discount codes!)
Orange Ruffle Hem Top // $64.95
Chambray Off the Shoulder Top // $39.95
Windowpane Dress // $94.95
Red Midi Skirt // $79.95
** I was given this dress in exchange for my personal product review. I assert all opinions and thoughts are my own.
I thought on this sad day (because who isn’t sad that ‘merica day is over?) that I would go through my beauty routine. I am not a big make-up wearer, which stems from the fact that I went to an all girls high school, but when I do wear make-up I wear the best products possible. No I am not talking about the most expensive, just the best. I have extremely dry skin. Seriously I would look like a ghost without lotion all over me, so many of the products I use are uber hydrating. I realize that not everyone needs the moisture that I need and if you are one of those people I sincerely apologize and will not take offense if you promptly stop reading. Anyhoo, if you are still with me here are my product must-haves (in usage order):
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Seriously I use this everyday!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
- Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge I put this particular sponge on here because it lasted me the longest!
- Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic
- Smashbox Studio Skin Liquid Foundation
- Nars Blush in Deep Throat
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 And 3…
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner There’s no need to spend a lot on eye liner! This is by far my favorite! I am partial to liquid liner. I know other people prefer differently. This one is just so precise and easy to apply!
- Marc Jacobs Honey
- Whatever mascara I decide to try that day. Yeah, I really don’t have a favorite.
I will try to upload a picture soon. I haven’t quite yet mastered the selfie art and I don’t want to scare anyone with my expressions.
Check out these products on my list at Influenster! |Click the green box in the right hand corner|
Hello all my lovely readers! I am so sorry it has been so long in me posting but I have the MCAT coming up so I am studying hard! I thought I would do a list of summer essentials with a twist: they must be eco-friendly! When I set off on this journey (because trust me it’s harder than you think) I never realized how many of my favorite things were NOT eco-friendly. It has inspired me to try to buy more products that are and I can’t wait to try them out! But below are the products that I currently have or desperately want for a successful summer!
1. Burlap beach bag from Thank Heaven Boutique. This bag is made from jute material which 100% biodegradable and is grown organically without pesticides! I have researched for a perfect eco-friendly bag and nothing seemed to fit my style until this one. How could I resist something so preppy and southern?
2. My Rainbow flip-flops. I could go on and on about how much I love these things. I wear them on the daily. No joke. Just check out my Instagram! They have arch support so you are comfortable in them all day long, unlike cheap flip-flops that are flat to the ground. The layers of the shoe are held together with special formulated environmentally friendly glue. Also the whole mission of the company is to prevent shoes from being discarded on beaches or landfills. It has a recycle program that asks you to please donate your worn out Rainbows so they can repair them and give them to people in need.
3. I realized I need a good water bottle being a summer camp counselor. Camelbaks are already known and loved and so they seemed like the obvious answer! In addition the Camelbak Better Bottles are made from BPA- free plastic! I have heard such great things about this bottle I can’t wait to pick one up!
4. BB Cream is a summer must-have! Its so easy to slap on before running to the pool or beach and gives you a little bit of color in the harsh sunlight. I just started using Physician’s Formula BB Cream with SPF 30 and I am in love. It hides all my blemishes and red spots while also smoothing and protecting my skin! It is found on EWG’s list of best moisturizers with SPF!
5. I am a bracelet fanatic as I have probably mentioned before. I have four Alex & Ani bracelets and I am ready to collect some more! I have this perfect summer accessory all ready and have paired it for a nautical themed outfit in this post. The awesome thing about these are they are made with sustainable materials like recycled copper and are made solely in the USA. No worries about sweatshops or unfair labor practices!
6. Finally what’s summer without a bathing suit? I love the retro meets modern feeling of this suit. Right up my alley. Plus the fun, bright print would look great on the beach or poolside! It is made by Naja, a company dedicated to eco-friendly products like bras, panties, and the Taylor Monokini swimsuit shown above.. This suit is made of 84% recycled PET, which is the material of which many plastic bottles are made. I never even thought that recycled plastic could be made into a suit!
I found out that none of the sunscreens I use are eco-friendly! I didn’t want to put one that was on my list because I have not used one and can not speak on the effectivity or other features. So if anyone has a favorite eco-friendly sunscreen and you want to share, I would love to try it out! Also anyone have a favorite eco-friendly summer essential?
So this weekend I was super excited to receive my first samples from a company! So amazed that my little blog was noticed by a company such as Renpure! Also extremely grateful for the generosity! I mean look at this stuff! I’m pretty sure I will never have to buy conditioner again! Well who am I kidding? It might last me a month. Anywho I don’t even know where to start. I want to try it all at the same time and let you all know my favorite! But I have to slow down…can’t get ahead of myself. A girl can only wash her hair so much. I have therefore enlisted my roommates to help and they will be sharing their opinions with me as well! So watch out reviews are coming and they’re going to be goooooood. 🙂
PS: One bottle is missing because I had to share Argan Oil Conditioner with mama for Mother’s Day!