With March around the corner and spring weather making an appearance, all I can think about is the beach! Luckily for me I will be there in 3 short weeks! While I might be ready for fun in the sun, my wardrobe certainly is not. So I have compiled my favorite spring-break must-haves!
Obviously I love the palm print and am so excited it is sticking around for another year! This time I am definitely getting in on the trend!
Red // Anthropology
One piece // Anthropology
High Waisted // ModCloth
Halter Palm // Cupshe
I have included all of the essentials here: tassel, lace up, jelly and classic (Tory Burch duh).
Fringe // Target
Red Lace-up // ASOS
Jelly // Forever21
Tory Burch // Nordstrom
I don’t know about you but I am crazy about cover-ups! I might have one to match each of my bathing suits! I love the off the shoulder ones especially and will definitely be picking one up for my trip!
Lace // Nordstrom
White OTS // ASOS
Blue // ASOS
Tassel // Anthropology
Is anyone else going on spring break this year? What are your beach must haves?
Hello all my lovely readers! I am so sorry it has been so long in me posting but I have the MCAT coming up so I am studying hard! I thought I would do a list of summer essentials with a twist: they must be eco-friendly! When I set off on this journey (because trust me it’s harder than you think) I never realized how many of my favorite things were NOT eco-friendly. It has inspired me to try to buy more products that are and I can’t wait to try them out! But below are the products that I currently have or desperately want for a successful summer!
1. Burlap beach bag from Thank Heaven Boutique. This bag is made from jute material which 100% biodegradable and is grown organically without pesticides! I have researched for a perfect eco-friendly bag and nothing seemed to fit my style until this one. How could I resist something so preppy and southern?
2. My Rainbow flip-flops. I could go on and on about how much I love these things. I wear them on the daily. No joke. Just check out my Instagram! They have arch support so you are comfortable in them all day long, unlike cheap flip-flops that are flat to the ground. The layers of the shoe are held together with special formulated environmentally friendly glue. Also the whole mission of the company is to prevent shoes from being discarded on beaches or landfills. It has a recycle program that asks you to please donate your worn out Rainbows so they can repair them and give them to people in need.
3. I realized I need a good water bottle being a summer camp counselor. Camelbaks are already known and loved and so they seemed like the obvious answer! In addition the Camelbak Better Bottles are made from BPA- free plastic! I have heard such great things about this bottle I can’t wait to pick one up!
4. BB Cream is a summer must-have! Its so easy to slap on before running to the pool or beach and gives you a little bit of color in the harsh sunlight. I just started using Physician’s Formula BB Cream with SPF 30 and I am in love. It hides all my blemishes and red spots while also smoothing and protecting my skin! It is found on EWG’s list of best moisturizers with SPF!
5. I am a bracelet fanatic as I have probably mentioned before. I have four Alex & Ani bracelets and I am ready to collect some more! I have this perfect summer accessory all ready and have paired it for a nautical themed outfit in this post. The awesome thing about these are they are made with sustainable materials like recycled copper and are made solely in the USA. No worries about sweatshops or unfair labor practices!
6. Finally what’s summer without a bathing suit? I love the retro meets modern feeling of this suit. Right up my alley. Plus the fun, bright print would look great on the beach or poolside! It is made by Naja, a company dedicated to eco-friendly products like bras, panties, and the Taylor Monokini swimsuit shown above.. This suit is made of 84% recycled PET, which is the material of which many plastic bottles are made. I never even thought that recycled plastic could be made into a suit!
I found out that none of the sunscreens I use are eco-friendly! I didn’t want to put one that was on my list because I have not used one and can not speak on the effectivity or other features. So if anyone has a favorite eco-friendly sunscreen and you want to share, I would love to try it out! Also anyone have a favorite eco-friendly summer essential?
Since I will be working a lot this summer I have compiled a list of things I want to save up for and buy! I am loving the all bright colors this season and I want to get in on the action. Hopefully I won’t be #poor and be able to splurge on a few things! Here’s my top 7:
- Triangl bathing suit — similar one from Amazon (I’ve actually bought the one from Amazon and I am curious on how it holds up. Nevertheless I still would like the real thing!)
- tassel necklace–Nordstrom (there’s another option from Bellac)
- fraternity collection t-shirt– I have a pocket tee but I love this printed one! Perfect for Fourth of July
- krass and co shorts– Country Clup Prep (sidenote: I am OBSESSED with this store. They just opened one in Lexington and I go in any chance I get!)
- visor–Vineyard Vines
- shep shirt– Vineyard Vines (I love this ombre one!)
- monogrammed pfg —Etsy